Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Actor and the Housewife

Can a married women and a married man be friends with each other? That is the central premise of the Actor and the Housewife. This friendship is complicated and every aspect of it is explored, especially the possibility of a more intimate relationship.

As always I enjoyed Shannon Hale's writing style and there were many times during this book that I found myself laughing out loud. It is an extremely well told story and I am glad that I read it but the benefit of this book is in the discussion that it can contribute and the ability to make you think about things. It made me question some of my previously held thoughts and reconsider things.

I would highly recommend that after reading this book one also read the article about Emotional Fidelity that was in the Ensign in either Aug or Sept. Between these two one could find a way to walk the careful line of friendship while married.

No comments: