Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Dark is Rising

The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper is a series of books that I have been considering reading for quite a while. I have heard many good things about them. They have been compared to The Lord of the Rings and The Chroicles of Narnia and it is a Newbury Honor Book. They even made a movie out of this book last year, though it did not do so well. So I picked it up.

I was actually fairly disappointed in this book. The story was alright but the way it was written was more likely to put me to sleep than to keep me interested in what was going on. It seemed like everything just took a very long time to happen, even when characters are explaining some key plot points the story just seems to drag on. The story was OK but nothing really different or noteworthy.

No comments: